Thursday, May 14, 2009

Trying to Play Catch Up

Well, here it is almost midnight. I wanted to share my Gettysburg information for those of you who were looking for a 4th of July vacation. Gettysburg is of course always there, but the reenactment is done every 4th of July weekend which is when the actual battle took place. Gettysburg was a 3 day battle so they have reenactments each day with the grand finale being Pickett's Charge on the last day. There are almost 15,000 reenactors, with horses, cannons...everything. I don't remember all the details of the trip since it was last summer. I did not have my blog then or else I would have had a better record!

Yesterday we went on a field trip with the Georgia Virtual Academy to the Tellus Museum in Cartersville. I took a lot of photos & hope to get them & the information posted tomorrow. This morning before school I ran to Walmart to buy N... a sleeping bag & some camping stuff for a trip tomorrow night. Our church Kids Group is doing a camping sleepover, which I will be a chaperon for, so we needed stuff. I actually left N.... at home with my husband while I went shopping so that he could get started on school. When I got home a friend that I have not seen in a while called to see if we wanted to go with them to McD's for lunch....so we did.

We got back home around 3:15 & did school work until 6:15, then cooked dinner & tried to settle down for the night. So everything has run behind today, but we got it all done. That's what I like about homeschooling...flexible schedules so that you can enjoy life. As long as the work gets done we are good!

Tomorrow will also be a busy day with school & then we are leaving at 4:30 to meet at the church for our caravan to Alabama. Hopefully the weather will be good...there is a chance some rain will move in. Well, I hope all of you will have a great weekend as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment