Monday, April 27, 2009

Just Catching Up...Busy Weekend!

We had a very busy weekend! We went to Prayer Night at our church Thursday night & then Friday night I went out to dinner with ladies from our church to the Outback Steak House. We have a new pastor because our ex-pastors are going to Hungary to be missionaries, so we met for one last dinner with our pastors wife. We are really going to miss them!

That same night, the men of our church got together for a cookout & a game of horseshoes at a friends house. Our men's group is called "We R' Men" & they get together once a month to do their bonding. My son went with my husband because it was being held at his best friends house, & he ended up spending the night over there.

Saturday morning my husband went to play golf with another group in our church called Golfers Anonymous. We have several Connect Groups in our church & golfing is one of them. That way not only do you get to make deeper friendships with other church members, but we also invite unchurched friends to attend. A lot of people will not go to church with you but they will go to something like this & it gets them involved in a church group. We do not talk to them about God at these groups, we just have fun & hopefully get them coming to church.

Anyway, while my husband played golf I took my son with some friends to see the circus (see photos in my next blog). Then of course Sunday was busy with church...so I am just catching up this evening on everything. I have more blogs posting tonight including the birdhouse project which I promised last week, so check back for those. Thanks for visiting with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment