Friday, May 29, 2009

Make a Model of an Indian Village

We studied Navajo Indians this past week & I gave Noah a list of activities that he could choose from to do to go along with the study. He chose to make a model of an Indian village. Before I could come up with ideas for the project he asked me if we had any toilet paper rolls. So I gave him 2 that I had saved along with a paper towel roll. I left him with that, scissors & tape. I had no clue what he was going to do, I just told him to let me know when he was done. This is what he did:
He cut out the door & then bent the tops in together & taped them. He then made a campfire out of the cardboard by taping together little strips of cardboard (sticks) & then attached a cut out flame on top. He then drew a zig-zag line around each one for a Indian design.
This is just a very simple idea that you can use to build an Indian village. You can paint them out in whatever colors you want & then add your own toy Indian figures to complete the scene. So get creative with your kids & have fun with history!


No comments:

Post a Comment