Thursday, June 25, 2009

Macon, Georgia Roadtrip

Last Friday we went to Macon, Georgia where my husband was working. We took him to work & then checked in at our hotel, which was the Quality Inn on Chambers Road. It looks like the public areas have been updated & everything was very clean, but the room itself had seen better days. The furniture was worn & chipped, & the chair had a small rip in the fabric.

The room did have WiFi so I checked my messages on my laptop & then after I was done we went swimming in the pool. It was an extremely hot day with a heat index of 106 & it looked like bugs had come looking for a place to cool off as well. The pool apparently did not have a good filtration system & dead bugs floated on the surface of the water. Most of the bugs were from the beetle family, which I am not squeamish about, so we went in anyway & would push them away if they floated towards us. This has happened in several hotels that we have stayed at that have an outside pool, so I don't know if it is something that is easily cleaned.

After the pool we came back to the room, took our baths & then I talked to my mom & sister on Skype. If you have family far away you must get Skype. It is free to join & if you call other people who are also members & they are in your contacts, it is free to call anywhere in the world 24/7! In case you do not know, Skype allows you to call via video on your computer so you actually get to see the people you are talking to...it is awesome! Later that night I tried to get internet connection again but it would not let me get on. I also tried again Saturday morning before we checked out but it would still not give me access. So all in all I would not recommend this hotel because of the condition of the rooms, the WiFi, & the breakfast was not very good.

Saturday Noah & I went shopping to buy my husband a Father's Day gift & then we went to see the movie "Up". This was a really cute movie! There were some parts that were slow & a little boring for kids but most of the movie has action & a plot that will keep them entertained.

If you are ever in Macon you need to visit their Science Museum. We did not go on this trip because we have been there several times in the past, but it is a great place to take kids. We have enjoyed it each time we have gone. I wish that we would have had more time there to check out new places but we were only there one night & then back home....maybe next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment