Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Tuesdays Thoughts

Last week was a slow week activity wise, so I was able to stay home most of the week & work on my Ebay store, "The Book Cafe". My husband took our son golfing one day which left me time to also get the much needed housework done as well. Besides a sleep over Friday night & the neighborhood kids coming over to play it was a typical summer week of relaxation for me.

Sunday is always an active day of church & then the dreaded chore of grocery shopping for the week. I did sit down & make out a menu with recipes from my Cooking Light magazine, so when I went to the store I knew what I would need for each meal. Now when my husband asks, "What's for dinner?" I can say...."Creamy Roasted Tomato Soup with Basil Crostini".

When I cook with recipes I sometimes buy items that the grocery clerks are not familiar with & they always scan it & then look at it before they sit it down. Most of the time they say, "What are you going to do with that?" It always impresses them when you can come up with some great use. Makes me feel like Martha Stewart...for just a moment, then I come home to my unorganized house. Back to reality!

Well, I must be off to start my new week...I hope all of you have a productive but relaxing one!

No comments:

Post a Comment