Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Wednesday Wanderings

Last night my husband took our son to Open Gym night at one of our local elementary schools. Our church sponsors it once a month but I decided to not volunteer to work at it. I did work at the one we had last month & played basketball games with the younger kids.
I have decided that I need to organize my time better & quit volunteering for everything that comes along. I work on our greeting team at church, will start working in our coffee cafe some next month, plus I work one month per quarter in the children's church. Don't get me wrong, I love working with my church & helping do my part to help spread the gospel of Jesus Christ...which is the ultimate goal. However, I have found that we all have limitations & need to sometimes step back & say "No".
I do have an Ebay store (which I need to spend more time on), my blog, homeschooling plus the typical housecleaning, laundry, grocery shopping, cooking....you moms know what I mean. With church activities added to that, making time for friends, & keeping my son in activities it can sometimes be overwhelming...something usually suffers.

With school fast approaching & all the work that comes with that, I knew it was time to make adjustments to my schedule. Therefore, my husband took my son & I stayed home. I spent time on me, well after cleaning up the kitchen from dinner. I just relaxed!

So if you find that your life is starting to get stressful, take the time to really look at your activities & see what you can pass on to someone else. Learn to say "no" & prioritize. Make sure you take time for yourself so when the time does come for you to step up, you can be refreshed & eager to do the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment