Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Mother's Day Event

One of the nice things about my son getting older (he is 10 now), is that I can get other things done while he is doing school work. Although today he had a focus problem & I was in his school room more than I really needed to be. However, he finally settled in & got everything done...except for the dreaded Language Arts. We will have to work extra the next couple of days to catch up!

Anyway, our church is having a special Mother's Day Event titled, "The Real Housewives of CC". CC stands for Christ Central which is the name of our church. It is a take off of the TV show, The Real Housewives of Orange County. I will be singing on our praise team that morning (we travel too much for me to do it on a regular basis). I am also on our marketing team to get the word out about our event. So today I called radio stations in the area to get advertising set up. We are actually too late to get a commercial produced for air but we are able to get the DJ's to do Public Service Announcements for free. So I am responsible for contacting over 50 stations. I will also be getting info tomorrow on our local access TV stations.

Tonight the ladies on the marketing team met at a local Mexican restaurant next to our church to run over all the things we have accomplished & what still needs to be done. We are planning on running ads in our local movie theatre & we worked on some ideas for the still shots & also a video shot. We are not actually the Media team but we came up with some cool ideas to give our Media ladies. So all in all a productive meeting...but still a lot of work to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment