Saturday, April 18, 2009

Raising Money for Missions

Today our church had a fund raiser for missions at a local park. Some of our ladies have been training to do a 15 mile walk to raise money for 2 orphanages that we support in Honduras & the Philippines. So today was the walk-a-thon, plus we had volleyball competitions & we also had a food tent set up selling to the public.

My son & I participated in the volleyball tournament & we did well for having several small children on our team. I did one lap around the park as well (only 1.25 miles). I forgot to take my camera so I don't have any photos to show. But we had a great time & raised almost $1500! Tonight we also had a couples dinner at church raising money for missions. My husband was working today so we did not get to participate in that.

If you live in the Dallas, Georgia area & are looking for a church please visit with us. The name of our church is Christ Central & our website is www.christcentralga.org Hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment