Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Wednesday Wanderings


Welcome to my Wednesday Wanderings. Just wanted to catch up on everything that has happened this past week that I have been too busy to post about. Between traveling, church activities & working on my Ebay store I have been staying busy.

Last Wednesday after visiting with our friends who were moving to the Philippines, we came home to get our son ready for a sleep over with another friend of his. It was his friend's birthday so he was having a sleep over, & then Thursday we met him & his family at the South Cobb Aquatic Center for some swimming. They have great water slides & other things for the kids to do in the pool...it was a lot of fun.

Take your kids to your local pool or aquatic center for a fun-filled afternoon where not only you get your exercise but you get to cool off as well. It was only $3.00 for adults & $2.00 for kids at this aquatic center & I know our local pool is similar in cost. So check out your local swim spots for an economical day out with the kids.

I feel that socialization is important for my son, who is not only homeschooled, but an only child as well. Of course summertime can be boring for any child if you don't keep him busy. For homeschoolers you have to keep them busy year round. So I am always on the look out for interesting things to do & of course finding things that are geared to his interests.

With his best friend gone now I will be working more diligently to fill his calendar with meaningful things to do, not just busy work. I think that is why I started this blog so that I can provide ideas for other families, if they homeschool or not.

We are also involved in church activities where he has other friends. This past weekend we helped our new pastors & their families move from Alabama into their new homes here. Our new music minister has a son about Noah's age so it was a good way for him to start making friends with him as well.

We will probably be going out of town this weekend for a couple of days if things work out, so I will keep you updated on that if we do. I hope all of you have a great rest of the week!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the invitation. I have submitted one of my recent posts...hope you can use it.

    ReplyDelete